Orthodontics is a specialty field of dentistry that deals primarily with malpositioned teeth and the jaws: their diagnosis, prevention and correction.
Orthodontics is a type of dentistry concerned with the growth of your teeth, jaw and face. Treatment aims to improve the appearance, position and function of crooked or abnormally arranged teeth.
We provide a highly specialised orthodontic service for adults and children, many of whom have complex treatment needs. We plan multidisciplinary care with maxillofacial (jaw and face) surgeons, restorative dentists and paediatric colleagues.
The conditions we treat include:
- problems with the development of the teeth and jaws in children
- severely crowded and unerupted teeth
- missing teeth
- incorrect bites
- Severe facial disproportion in adults.
We are also able to offer an appointment with a orthodontic associate specialist who is able to treat issues with the jaw such as TMJD and provide snoring appliances.
- Reception area 3: 01553 613 613 extension 4941 or 4943
- Answer phone for reception area 3: 01553 613 613 extension 4585
- Outpatients Lead receptionist: Donna Springall 01553 214940
- Oral, Maxillofacial, orthodontic secretary: 01553 613855
- Department manager: 01553 613613 ext 2607
- Technicians laboratory: 01553 613 613 extension 2389