What is Cardiology?
Cardiology is a medical specialty that deals with disorders of the heart. The field includes diagnosis and treatment of coronary heart disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease, arrhythmias and congenital heart defects.
Our Cardiology department
Our department provides inpatient and outpatient care for cardiac patients. Some investigations are provided on site but we also link to our tertiary centre at Papworth Hospital for more invasive procedures.
Our sub-specialist services include:
- Outpatient cardiology clinics
- Cardiac rehabilitation service providing both inpatient and outpatient care for patients with coronary heart disease
- Cardiorespiratory department providing echocardiography, exercise tolerance testing, ECGs and continuous ECG recording and analysis
- Continuous blood pressure monitoring
Our specialist team
Our cardiology team specialists include:
- Dr Nata
- Dr Kumar
- Dr Petch
- Dr West
- Dr Heck
- Dr Ramachandran (Clinical Fellow)
- Kate Sidell
- Christine Blake
- Penny Doy
- Sarah Smith
- Sarah Williams
Contact details for our Cardiology department
Our cardiology secretaries can be contacted on 01553 613781 or 01553 613610.
Useful website link(s)
The following website(s) may contain information that is of use to you: