Charges for Health Insurance FormsThere is a minimum £10 charge for the completion of health insurance forms.
Some insurance forms, such as those requiring input from your clinician have always been charged.
These invoices are raised by the clinician undertaking the work. These forms should also be sent in the first instance direct to the Patient Services Office.
There are several ways in which payment to the hospital may be made:
- The forms may be handed in personally to a member of staff before discharge
- They may be delivered by hand to a receptionist
- They may be posted to the Head of Patient Services at the hospital
Please note that on discharge from an inpatient or day case stay in hospital, a discharge summary will be completed, a copy of which will be a copy to keep. Some health insurers will accept this documentation as evidence of your stay. In these cases the completion of the insurance claim form by the hospital is not necessary.
The patient/contributor section must be completed on all forms before the hospital section may be completed.
If forms are required to be either returned to the patient/contributor or sent on to the insurance company, a stamped addressed envelope must be submitted with the form.
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- By chip and pin. Either hand the form with the stamped addressed envelope to a receptionist for despatch in the internal mailing system to the Patient Services Office or send to us at the main hospital address marking your envelope for the attention of the Patient Services Office.
- Enclose a cheque or postal order made payable to: QEHKL FT.
- Cash payments may be made at our Finance Reception (ask a receptionist for directions).
Please note that any member of staff handed a completed claim form with a stamped addressed envelope will either ensure the form is delivered directly to the Patient Services Office, or will ensure it is placed in the internal mailing system.
Important: No forms will be processed until payment is made.
Any queries on the status of the insurance form and date of despatch to either the patient /contributor or insurance company may also be made on telephone number 01553 613486.