The role of the Governorsí Council
The Governorsí Council:
- represents the interests of the members and partner organisations
- influences decisions about spending and developing services
- appoints the Chair and Non-Executive Directors to the Board of Directors
- sets the remuneration of the Chair and Non-Executive Directors
- appoints the auditor
It is the responsibility of the Governorsí Council to share information about key developments with other NHS Foundation Trust members. For example, a Governor might want to act as the link between the Foundation Trust and a local GP Practice Patientsí Group (PPG) or local community group.
The Governorsí Council is not responsible for the day-to-day running of the organisation; that is the job of the Board of Directors.
Voting is open for the hospital Governorsí Council Elections - Friday 7 January 2022
You can now vote for the candidate(s) in your constituency or staff class. Members and Staff will receive a reminder so please vote for your candidate of choice.
There are contested seats in the following constituencies and staff classes:
- West Norfolk
- Breckland, North Norfolk and Rest of England
- Hospital Staff Clinical
- Hospital Staff Non-Clinical
You can also follow this link to place your vote here
Votes must be received no later than 5pm on Thursday 27 January 2022.
You can learn more about the role of a QEH Governor here.
Contacting the Governors' Council
You can get in contact with the governors council via email at the address FTGovernor@qehkl.nhs.uk
Alternatively you can contact the governors via post at the following address:
Foundation Trust Office
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Members of the Governors' Council
The 29 member Governorsí Council is made up like this:
16 elected public Governors
- 9 from West Norfolk
- 2 from Breckland, North Norfolk and Rest of England
- 2 from South East Lincolnshire
- 3 from North East Cambridgeshire
6 elected staff Governors
- 3 Clinical
- 3 Non-Clinical
7 appointed Governors
- 3 Local Councils
- Freebridge Community Housing
- The University of East Anglia
- The College of West Anglia
- West Norfolk Carers