What does the
Governorsí Council do?
The Governorsí Council:
- represents the interests of the members and partner organisations
- influences decisions about spending and developing services
- appoints the Chair and Non-Executive Directors to the Board of Directors
- sets the remuneration of the Chair and Non-Executive Directors
- appoints the auditor
Itís the responsibility of the Governorsí Council to share information about key developments with other NHS Foundation Trust members. So, for example, a governor might want to act as the link between the Foundation Trust and a local GP practice patientsí group or local community group.
The Governorsí Council is not responsible for the day-to-day running of the organisation. Thatís the job of the Board of Directors.
Contacting the Governors' Council
You can get in contact with the governors council via email at the address FTGovernor@qehkl.nhs.uk
Alternatively you can contact the governors via post at the following address:
Foundation Trust Office
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Members of the Governors' Council
The 29 member Governorsí Council is made up like this:
16 elected public governors
- 9 from West Norfolk
- 2 from Breckland, North Norfolk and Rest of England
- 2 from South East Lincolnshire
- 3 from North East Cambridgeshire
6 elected staff governors
- 3 Clinical
- 3 Non-Clinical
7 appointed governors
- 3 Local Councils
- Freebridge Community Housing
- The University of East Anglia
- The College of West Anglia
- West Norfolk Carers
Could you be one of our Governors?
Nominations open on 3 December 2018.
Would you like to make a difference to the future of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kingís Lynn and represent the interests of members and help to shape the Trustís strategic plans? We have eight public seats and 4 staff seats.
The closing date for nomination entries is Tuesday 18 December 2018. Voting papers, for contested areas, will be dispatched from 10 January 2019. Voting closes 30 January.
If you are interested in becoming a Governor email: email@example.com or phone 01553 613142 or email: Trust Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01553 613614 for further information. Alternatively, apply online at: www.ersvotes.com/QEHKL2018
View our poster for full details here.