Fundraising - Making donations
Many patients and their families ask how they can make donations to the hospital, perhaps as a ‘thank you’ or in memory of a loved one.
These donations are treated separately to the main hospital income as they go to The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn, NHS Trust Charitable Fund. The registered charity number is 1051327.
If you would like your gift to be used in a particular area of the hospital
or for a special cause close to your heart, we will try, as far as possible, to
meet your request. Each charitable fund has an account number so you know exactly where
your money is going.
You can give money to patients and equipment funds or staff funds and you can contribute a single donation or set up regular donations.
Your charitable donations help fund items and projects to improve our patients’ experience. They enhance the quality of care, treatment, services and facilities for our patients. They also benefit our staff, boost education, training and research.
Your contributions are very valuable to us and gratefully received by all the beneficiaries.
You can choose from several options when you want to donate to the Charitable Fund:
- Hand your donations to any ward or department
- Take your donations to the finance departments cashiers desk, (ground floor)
- Post your donations to the finance department
- Complete a standing order form with your bank
- Give As You Earn donation, ‘Payroll Giving’, through your employer
- Ask a solicitor to make the charitable fund a beneficiary, ‘Legacy’, in your will; this is tax exempt
- Ask for Gifts in memory, usually donations instead of flowers
- Please make cheques payable to ‘QEHKL Charitable Fund’. In your accompanying letter, indicate where you would like your money to go.
To make your money go further: Gift Aid it at no extra cost to you
Gift Aid will increase the value of your donations currently by a quarter, provided you pay Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax which equals the tax reclaimed by the Charity on your donation. Simply sign a Gift Aid declaration form or write to the Finance Departmn stating that you wish us to claim Gift Aid.
For further information
- Please see our leaflet ‘A guide to charitable donations’
- Write to:
Charitable Funds Officer
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King’s Lynn NHS Trust
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01553 613981