Fundraising Campaign: Maternity Bereavement Suite
We are pleased to announce that the building of a much-needed Maternity Bereavement Suite has taken a significant step forward after it was agreed that the Trust’s own charity would make a significant donation towards the cost, meaning patients and their families will benefit from this important development sooner.
The ‘Maternity Bereavement Suite Appeal’ was launched in early 2020 and so far, thanks to the generosity of the local community, over £44,000 has been raised. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has severely restricted the Trust and its partner, the Lynn News, from fundraising in the normal way.
This, coupled with the urgent need for this vital facility, has led to us exploring alternative ways we can build the suite sooner. At the Trust Board meeting, held on Tuesday 3 November, it was agreed that the Trust charity would contribute £145,000 from existing funds taking the total to the £185,000 needed to get the build underway.
The suite will provide a safe, homely environment for bereaved parents and their families to create precious memories with their baby. Currently these bereaved parents must say goodbye to their little one on a Maternity ward where other women can be heard labouring and other families can be heard celebrating the birth of their baby.
If you would like to donate to the appeal to help us to fund the ‘extras’ we need for our Maternity Bereavement Suite, you can do so by visiting our Just Giving page on https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/QEHMaternityBereavementSuite
Or by sending a cheque to ‘Maternity Bereavement Suite Appeal’, Finance Department, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gayton Road, King’s Lynn PE30 4ET.
How can you help?
The hospital would like individuals, businesses, groups and communities to get involved by organising or hosting fundraising events and activities, giving sponsorship money from event participation or sending donations.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please consider organising virtual events.
Please help us to raise funds – you can support us and donate by:
- Sending a cheque payable to 'Maternity Bereavement Suite Appeal' to Ms Laurence Morlaàs, Fundraising Executive, at the address below
- Visiting our online dedicated JustGiving page – https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/QEHMaternityBereavementSuite
- Giving sponsorship from events in which you are involved
- Creating your own fundraising JustGiving page from our hospital JustGiving page - please contact the fundraising office for information
- Working as a volunteer in the Fundraising Office
Remember to donate using our Gift Aid sponsorship and donation forms:
- Maternity Bereavement Suite Appeal Gift aid donation form
- Maternity Bereavement Suite Appeal Gift aid sponsorship form
If you would like to help and get involved, or for more information please contact hospital Fundraising Executive, Ms Laurence Morlaàs, QEH, Gayton Road, King’s Lynn, PE30 4ET or ring 01553 613373 or email email@example.com.