Positive about disability - The Two Ticks symbol
The 'two ticks' positive about disability symbol has been awarded to us by Jobcentre Plus because we have made commitments to employ, keep and develop the abilities of disabled staff.
The five commitments
We have made the following five commitments regarding recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and toconsider them on their abilities
- To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabledemployees can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make thesecommitments work
- To review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employeesand Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.
Further information is available via https://www.gov.uk/looking-for-work-if-disabled