What is Cardiology?
Cardiology is a medical specialty that deals with disorders of the heart. The field includes diagnosis and treatment of coronary heart disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease, arrhythmias and congenital heart defects.
Our Cardiology department
Our department provides inpatient and outpatient care for cardiac patients. Some investigations are provided on site but we also link to our tertiary centre at Papworth Hospital for more invasive procedures.
Our sub-specialist services include:
- Outpatient cardiology clinics
- Cardiac rehabilitation service providing both inpatient and outpatient care for patients with coronary heart disease
- Cardiorespiratory department providing echocardiography, exercise tolerance testing, ECGs and continuous ECG recording and analysis
- Continuous blood pressure monitoring
Cardio/Respiratory offers a range of non-invasive procedures. These are:
- ECG holter monitoring and analysis for 24,48, 72 hours, 5 days and 7 days.
- BP monitoring for 24 hours.
- Event recorders and review of the results for patients having monitors for 3 weeks.
- Exercise treadmill testing, both Physiologist and Doctor led (including DVLA assessments)
- Both Transthoracic and Traansoesophagael Echocardiography
- Stress/Contrast Echocardiography
- Full lung function tests including - spriometry, gas transfer and lung volumes by plethysmography or helium dilution
- 6 minute walk tests
- GP open access for Heart failure Echocardiography
- GP open accsss for Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic (RACPC)
Our specialist team
Our cardiology team specialists include:
- Dr Felix
- Dr Nata
- Dr Bilku
- Dr Mohammad
- Dr Petch (locum)
- Dr West (visiting consultant from Papworth)
- Dr Calvert (visitng Consultant from Papworth)
- Dr Begley (visiting Electrophysiologist from Papworth)
- Dr Go Bin (Specialist Doctor in Cardiology)
- Sharon Rossiter (01553 613781)
- Sue Harron (01553 613610)
- Abby Hall (01553 613865)
Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist Nurses
- Sarah Frost
Contact details for our Cardiology department
Our cardiology secretaries can be contacted on 01553 613781 or 01553 613610.
Useful website link(s)
The following website(s) may contain information that is of use to you: