The Oculoplastic service provides diagnosis and management of benign and malignant tumours of the eyelid and eyelid reconstructive surgery.
Surgical treatment is provided for:
- Ptosis (droopy eyelid)
- Ectropion and Entropion (poor eyelid alignment, predisposition to infection)
- In-turned eyelashes (risk of damage to the corneal surface and infection)
- Excessive skin of the upper eyelids interfering with the field of vision (blepharoplasty)
- Permanent facial nerve palsy where there is a risk of corneal damage
- Excision of benign and malignant eyelid tumours with reconstruction of the surrounding area if required
Our specialist team
The team delivering this service are:
- Mr S Byard - Lead Consultant
- Mr B Baskar - Associate Specialist
- Mr RJ Bala - Staff Ophthalmologist
Go to the Ophthalmology overview page.