Research Governance Committee
Chair - Dr Parvez Moondi, Consultant Anaesthetist in Critical Care.
Deputy Chair – Mrs Claire Roberts, Associate Director of Patient Experience.
For a full list of members please contact email@example.com
The Research Governance Committee will:
- Promote the Research and Development department as a central point of expertise for local research support services; ensuring activities reflect local and national priorities
- Develop the collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships needed to create an efficient, safe and professional research environment
- Ensure delivery of appropriate local research support services through developing, implementing and/or influencing streamlined systems
- Ensure the Research and Development departments priorities are embedded in the organisation’s strategic objectives by developing an environment, with the organisation Board, which promotes research and encourages clinical and academic collaboration
- Ensure the Research and Development departments projects are delivered with proportionate management of risks and benefits to the organisation, its staff and patients
- Meet quarterly and develop a key issues programme and forward to the board
- Will be notified of the progress relating to Trust approved studies over the last quarter at each meeting
- Review any studies which require sponsorship by the trust
- Review studies which have raised concerns.