Meet the team
We are a small but forward thinking diabetes team based at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn. The team includes:
- 4 Consultants
- 6 Diabetes Specialist Nurses
- 4 Diabetes Specialist Podiatrists
- 1 Diabetes Specialist Clinical Psychologist
- 1 Diabetes Specialist Dietitian
We provide the following services:
- Direct referrals in from Primary Care colleagues; such as GP’s, Practice Nurses, Community Podiatrists.
- Specialist Foot Services
- Carbohydrate Counting Course (KLIFF) Kings Lynn Insulin For Food
- Insulin Pump service
- Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Young Persons Diabetes service for 16 to 20 year olds
- Diabetes inpatient care and immediate post discharge support (if needed)
- Freestyle Libre on prescription
We have close working relationships with many other departments, including, Renal, Opthalmology and Maternity.
The support we provide will be in a variety of ways: Group Education Sessions, Face to face individual appointments, Virtual appointments, Telephone appointments and Email appointments. We are currently exploring Virtual Group Sessions.
The information on this website is to support you, to refresh your memory, following your contact with a member of the team. It is not meant to be used as standalone information. You may like to refer to the website before a scheduled appointment to help you to get the most out of your appointment time.